Shave and a Haircut
In Richard Stevenson’s “Thunderbird,” what is the connection between condors and ripples in space-time?
In Ron Linson’s “Psychotherapy for the Uploaded, part 2,” does the poem recount psychotherapy or self-esteem management?
In Rob Dinsmoor’s “Grand Opening”:
- How does the “grand opening” presentation sidestep the limitations of augmented reality?
- How does the narrator’s personality seem to change between the beginning of the story and the end?
In Iona Douglas’s “Metal Myths”:
- Would the story change materially if the time-traveling acheologist were a man rather than a robot or android?
- Why does Lola shave her head?
In Justin Meckes’ “The Pharmacon”:
- Are robots normally given natural gender? Are androids?
- Is the Pharmacon beneficial or harmful to Larson’s physical health?
- “I would hate to have to shave you.” — Is the robot being threatening or funny?
- Does the name “Pharmacon” appear in the film Johnny Mnemonic? Does it serve the same purpose?
What is a Bewildering Stories Challenge?