In Maria Kontak’s “A Very Convenient Affair”:
- How long after 1975 does the story take place?
- Why does Ellie go back to Moscow?
- Why does Grisha hate Ellie?
- What is the significance of the recurrent references to War and Peace?
In Chris Castle’s “Violet Cigarettes”:
- What are the two key symptoms of the “end of the world”?
- Despite Mr. Bingham’s precautions, how do we know that at the end he and Petra are not safe?
- What is the significance of the contrast between Petra and the world-end havoc in the streets?
- Is there any sign that Mr. Bingham himself has been affected?
- What kind of new society might be formed by nude mind-readers?
In Angel Zapata’s “Carrion Folk”: Why does Momma call her husband?
Copyright © 2012 by Bewildering Stories
What is a Bewildering Stories Challenge?