KJ Hannah Greenberg
Bewildering Stories biography
Take me to your leader??
photo © Yiftach Paltrowitz, 2011
Channie Greenberg has been reading speculative fiction long enough to remember a “science fiction” story that pivoted on the idea that a boss could be a woman and a subordinate could be a man. Decades later, Channie discovered that fantastic prose embraces women as mentally and physically muscular and that editors continue to wrap new-fangled rubrics around old-fangled writing.
Although neither a “steampunker” nor an admirer of “goth,” Channie likes creativity’s power. Accordingly, she doesn’t mind being labeled “a writer of slipstream fiction.” To wit, her worlds are as readily populated by Furries, by gelatinous monsters, by devious rodents, and by misguided aliens as they are by troubled lovers, by overwhelmed parents, and by opportunistic shopkeepers.
In fact, Channie, a handful of bug-eyed intergalactic beasts, and her ever-faithful prickle of imaginary hedgehogs, make a point of writing not only for consumers of cosmic news, but also for people (and monsters) who like flowery poetry, who are experiencing identity crises, and who play oboe from orchestras’ second chairs. That menagerie eats oatmeal, too.
Here is a link to Channie’s website.
That team of real and otherworldly brawn and beauty manufactures heaps of words, as evidenced by:
- Oblivious to the Obvious: Wishfully Mindful Parenting (French Creek Press, 2010)
- A Bank Robber's Bad Luck with His Ex-Girlfriend (Unbound CONTENT, 2011)
- Intelligence’s Vast Bonfires (Lazarus Media, 2012)
- Citrus-Inspired Ceramics (Aldrich Press, 2013)
- The Little Temple of My Sleeping Bag (Dancing Girl Press, 2014)
- Don't Pet the Sweaty Things, 2nd ed. (Bards & Sages Publishing, 2014)
- The Immediacy of Emotional Kerfuffles 2nd ed (Bards & Sages Publishing, 2015)
- Jerusalem Sunrise (Imago Press 2015)
- Cryptids (Bards & Sages Publishing, 2015)
- Word Citizen: Uncommon Thoughts on Writing, Motherhood, & Life in Jerusalem (Tailwinds Press, 2015)
- Friends and Rabid Hedgehogs (Bards and Sages Publishing, 2016) .
What’s more, they slushed for Sotto Voce and Bound Off!, wrote reviews for Tangent, and currently slush for Bewildering Storiest. As well, that gal and her pretend pals were nominated in 2012 for The Best of the Net, and in 2009, 2011 and 2013 for the Pushcart Prize. Additionally, they shamelessly accepted National Endowment for the Humanities monies in 1989, and saw Conversations on Communication Ethics (Praeger, 1991) published, and Watercolors (Scotch & Soda Productions, 1979) produced.
Team players, they shared some of their marshmallow fluff, for free, via creative commons publishing agreements. Communal sweets include:
- Supernal Factors (The Camel Saloon’s Books on Blog, 2012)
- Fluid & Crystallized (Fowlpox Press, 2012)
- Dancing with Hedgehogs (Fowlpox Press, 2014)
Copyright © 2009-Present by Channie Greenberg