Off Is the Next Stop
In Edward Ahern’s Biosphere: How does the poet know that the skunk under the porch is fat? Has he examined it, with predictable consequences?
In K. Noel Moore’s The Friendless Unburied:
- The story depicts not “resurrection” but resuscitation. What’s the difference?
- In what way or ways is the “resurrection” particular? Does it apply only to WW2 or to others, as well?
In Gary Clifton’s Small Matters:
- Mihal has a limited knowledge of Romanian. What language does he speak?
- What is the function of Mihal’s and Maria’s physical stature? Does it afford any special advantage? If it incurs a handicap, what is its source?
- The revolution succeeds not by Mihal’s leadership alone. Identify at least two other indispensable factors.
In Ronald Linson’s Little Brother:
- Will increasing the mass of Mars change its orbit? If so, will it affect that of other planets, including Earth?
- If the Solar System had three inner planets with spacefaring life, would they all be making plans to Terraform, “Venusify” and “Marsiform” each other?
In Nick Pipitone’s Strange Planet:
- If we’re not allowed to ask questions, who — or what — is?
- How would the voice be perceived if it were soprano rather than baritone?
- When and where did life and death first begin?
- Isn’t everyone aware that consciousness is transmigrated for no apparent reason?
- Have you channeled your previous existence as a Martian lately?
In Sam Buckley’s Flora of the Fifty Flames:
- Which of the Four Horsemen do the space invaders most represent: War, Famine, Disease or Death?
- Are any of the “Interlopers” ever seen in person?
- If the “Inters’” purpose is merely to dig up mud, for some obscure reason, why do they seem to be an ill-tempered lot with more brawn than brains? Do they resemble any Earthly colonizers?
- Why is Adam initially so reluctant to join the resistance? Doesn’t Flora have more likely recruits?
- What is the source, exactly, of the resistance’s new weaponry? Does it imply that NATO may need to seek a new purpose?
What is a Bewildering Stories Challenge?