In Matthew Harrison’s “Josh,” how do the algorithm’s thought processes reflect those in Mark’s subconscious?
In Shola Balogun’s “The Cathedral”:
- The “opulent landmark” has been “shifted” from a savannah to where?
- What is the signifcance of the mud walls?
In Nicholas Froumis’ “Great-Grandpa’s Uniform,” the ending says: “[Ginny] was too busy enjoying the way her boys now looked at their great-grandfather to notice the growing hum of the still-warm jacket being wrapped around her.”
- What jacket? And who is wrapping it around her?
- What does the “growing hum” mean? Is somebody about to die, or will Ginny do some time-traveling of her own?
In Pascal Inard’s “Bad Boy”:
- Why isn’t Geoffrey’s father suspected of murder?
- Why did Geoffrey keep hoping his mother would come back?
- Why has Geoffrey been selected to lead the expedition? Is he the most qualified?
- How did Geoffrey’s mother know when her task of terraforming the new planet was complete?
- Is Geoffrey’s mother justified in killing Geoffrey and the spaceship crew along with him? What might she have been like before she disappeared?
What is a Bewildering Stories Challenge?