The Arctic Moves South
In Kochava Greene’s “Incident at St. Laurita’s,” how might the story change if the Wajas were human, e.g. a band of male or female bandits?
In Catherine J. Skye’s “The Butterfly Inquiries,” does Detective Rosati solve a mystery or discover one?
In Dawnell Harrison’s “The Monsoon,” what form might a “monsoon” take in a desert? What are “hooks and cold blanks”?
In Sudha Srivatsan’s “The Soot In-Between,” what might “soot” refer to?
In Richard Ong’s “Frozen Waves,” why is “the coldest February in recorded history” — i.e. since meteorological records have been kept — evidence of global warming?
In Christopher J. Ferguson’s “A Thin Veil of Innocence”:
- What is Marcus’ last name? What is Stieger’s first name? What is the principal’s name?
- Why does Marcus assume that Richie knows he’s being interrogated about the cat?
- Does Detective Stieger need a warrant to search the tree house?
- Why did Arnold not tell anyone but Richie that Ashley had tied him to the tree and tortured him with the Taser? Who took the photographs?
- How might Ashley have better planned her crime?
- Is Ashley likelier to become a pediatrician or a serial killer?
What is a Bewildering Stories Challenge?