In Sherman Smith’s Two Blind Men and a Fool:
- In Chapter 26, part 2: Why does Stella whisper “Elroy?” when she’s hiding from him?
- Why does Garrity tell Stella to “lock the place down”? What will that accomplish? And isn’t Elroy sure to catch Stella in the process?
In Michael O’Farrell’s “The Imageverse”:
- How does the essay convey tongue-in-cheek humor?
- (From contributor Jo Wharton Heath) How many years would it take a person to peruse Michael O’Farrell’s book of all printable and paintable ideas if the person could view an astounding 1,000 pages per second?
- How does the essay demonstrate mathematically the validity of Theodore Sturgeon’s Law, namely that “90 percent of everything is crap”?
- A theory holds that the surface of black holes is a hologram of all the information contained inside. If the universe itself is a holographic projection, where is the primordial black hole located?
- Challenge title: if n ÷ 0 = ∞, and 0 ÷ n is an indefinite number, what is 0 ÷ 0?
In Craig M. Workman’s “Taking It All In”:
- What happens to the narrator’s (you) mother? What happens to the narrator?
- How might our article “Subtlety and Symbol” apply to the story?
In Bertil Falk’s “A Cosmic Matchmaker”:
- Billie Occasion mistakenly bilocates to her apartment in 1959. Is the purpose only to pay homage to Finlay and Santesson?
- Billie Occasion’s efforts prove fruitless. How might she act as a postmodern matchmaker?
- What is the ironic outcome of Billie Occasion’s quest?
In Dorota Lipa’s “Moon Promises”:
- How does the title reflect the action in the story?
- Does the story overstep Bewildering Stories’ guideline about plots that end with “but it was all a dream” or the equivalent? Put another way: if the local cop on the beat shows up, will Moses Kulig have to explain his own disappearance?
In E. R. Warren’s “The Storm’s Edge”:
- What is the relationship between the lightning and the storm?
- What does “It will break me” mean? What does “it” refer to?
- What elements of humor can you find in the poem?
Copyright © 2014 by Bewildering Stories
What is a Bewildering Stories Challenge?