Welcome to the contest on Tenth Man! Answer the questions correctly, be the first to send in your answers, and you stand to win a gift certificate to Powell’s, a huge group of bookstores — new and resale — that have created a sort of super-collective bookstore with all titles available listed online. It is, in a word, wonderful.
There are two prizes: a $25 gift certificate for first place and a $10 certificate for second. The first readers to send the most correct answers win. Only readers are eligible: the editorial staff of Bewildering Stories, their families, pets, and farm machinery are not.
E-mail text only, no attachments, please. Here is your e-mail link:
Please send your answers directly to the Contest Manager. Any sent to Bewildering Stories or Ye Copy Editor will be delayed and, probably, lost.
identify the questions you are answering. You may use the numbers or copy-paste the questions and then give the answer. You may send the answers a few at a time or all at once.
The questions will be added here as they are received. Best of luck... and most important: we hope you enjoy the story!
- What career did Saul’s dad have planned for him?
- What is Saul's most delicate and valuable possession in chapters 1-3?
- Who was the “inside man”?
- Where is the purple glass?
- What startles Saul at the tunnel entrance?
- What does Bridget wear in red?
- What is in the chip bag?
- Saul by any other name is...?
- Where does Toven store spare food?
- What is Bridget studying?
- Toven has a nasty fear of what?
- How did Saul’s dad die?
- What is Mbeki’s talent?
- Why can’t Howie see the ring?
- Who has a crush on Bridget?
- Why is Bridget reading Cicero?
- What made Howie run from home?
- What is Howie’s real name?
- What is Ian?
- What makes Saul sick?
- Who is the tenth man?
- What is Saul looking for among the golems?
- Who found Bridget?
- What do golems do?
- What is Howie’s job? (It’s not in the text; you’ll have to extrapolate...)
Copyright © 2006 by Tamara Sheehan
and Bewildering Stories