Bewildering Stories biography
I like to stretch the possibilities. I like to ask, whats beyond the limits of our perceptions of reality. So I write about stretching possibilities. My short stories are, basically, small incursions into my warped mind snapshots of images inside it. My books? What I do is make universes populated with myriad species, each one different, each one unique. But each has one commonality with us and with each other emotion. Everyone experiences emotion. That, to me, is the defining expression of being.
Since I love stories about aliens, about fire fights between space combat pilots, about good guys defeating bad guys (bad guys being those who are cruel, greedy lecherous maggots who the cosmos would be better without), thats what I love to write about. I have, among my many novels and series of novels, four magnum opuses, my master works. They are: A Gathering of Rebels, which is the prequel to the rest of the story called Seeming Eidolon, a three-book series.
So far, though, finding an agent who wants to represent these magnificent space adventures has been an exercise in futility. Nobody, it seems (Hah!) wants to read and experience space fiction. In other words, nobody much likes stories like: Star Wars, FireFly, Battlestar Galactica, Dune, Star Trek. Except maybe me and a few million others like me.
Oh, well. Someday when I die, maybe somebody will find the manuscripts worthy of attention and publish them so somebody will finally get to enjoy the adventures of the Ben-Drom and his rebel crews. Until then, I just keep sending out my queries, a few here, a few there. And writing short stories, like:
- The Eve of Wayward (Science Fiction, to be published this summer by Bewildering Stories)
- Lung Moon, (which is actually classified as Fantasy, I guess, previously published by The Deepening)
- Dead Chicken Coffee (Cyberpunk, also previously published by The Deepening)
- Welcome to Your Nightmare (Science Fiction, previously published by The Deepening)
- Critical Abandon (A Science Fiction er actually space fiction book excerpt from Seeming Eidolon series, previously published by The Deepening)